Wednesday, December 24, 2008

First day post hysterectomy

First, let me just say that any posts I make in the immediate future will be very brief - because I'm taking a lot of painkillers and feel a little loopy!

My LSH and RSO went smoothly yesterday. Everyone was incredibly nice at the hospital, and took excellent care of me. I apparently screamed at a nurse in recovery when she was trying to give a pillow; I was horrified when she told me that, but she assured me it happens a lot and she doesn't take these things personally!

I have three small incisions; they are covered with gauze bandages, and I can remove them tomorrow. Underneath the bandages are steri-strips, which will stay on for 10-14 days - they should just fall off on their own.

My belly is pretty swollen. On the hystersisters website they refer to this as 'swelly belly' and how long it last varies widely. I'm hoping not long, because this is one swelly belly.

Today I am taking it very easy - pretty much not leaving bed except to use the bathroom. Moving around is getting easier and easier - but getting out of bed is not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment