Saturday, February 28, 2009

Back

February is always the cruelest month for me, so I can't say I'm sorry that today's the last day! I have asthma and during the last gasps of winter I always end up with bronchitis. I was hoping that this year I'd escape it, but with my resistance down after my surgery I suppose it was inevitable.

But I'm excited to get blogging - because tomorrow is March 1st, and March is National Endometriosis Awareness Month.

My first symptoms of endometriosis appeared when I was sixteen - but it wasn't until I was thirty-three that a doctor actually uttered that word to me. That's seventeen years from onset of symptoms to first tentative diagnosis. And my story is not the least bit unusual among endometriosis survivors.

Awareness is the key. We have to raise awareness. And I'll be doing my part to do just that during the month of March.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment