Friday, February 6, 2009

You want progress? I've got progress.

At this point, the main symptom of my recovery process is a tendency to get over-tired. Amazing, isn't it?

I went out last night for the first time in a long time. Prior to my surgery, I wasn't really in shape for going out. In fact, I would have loved to thrown a 'farewell to my psycho uterus' party before my hysterectomy, but I wasn't up for it even in the slightest. But last night, I met old friends for dinner and drinks - some of whom I hadn't seen in close to twenty years - and had a wonderful time. I stayed out very late and laughed myself silly for hours on end. This morning I was exhausted, and took a two hour nap after doing my morning errands - but other than that, I feel fine.

I cannot tell you how wonderful that is. Sometimes, when you're in the middle of something, you don't realize quite how intense it is. Now I look back on the autumn of 2008 and wonder how on earth I held it together and kept functioning.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you just say it like it is.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. People either love that or hate that about me. It seldom generates a lukewarm response. ;-)

    ReplyDelete