Monday, January 12, 2009

Today I overdid

Today, I totally overdid it.

I'm both proud of and chagrined by my walk this morning. I went to the local mall and walked around this morning, early, while all the mallwalkers were cruising along.

I swear, an 80 year old woman lapped me at least twice.

This, for me, is frustrating. I've promised my husband I will not set foot in the gym until my surgeon gives me the green light - which will be at least three weeks from now. But I am just not good at sitting still. In the past couple of years I was finally able to get my act together and get physically active again, and it has done wonders for my health. I enjoy working out. I enjoy the challenge of it, and feeling strong and powerful - particularly important when fighting a chronic disease that robs you of your energy and makes you feel as if your body is betraying you.

And today I went for an eensy little walk, and I am completely exhausted.

I have to remember that my body is doing a lot of work right now, healing from the surgery. But it's frustrating when doing something as simple as cooking dinner makes you need to take a two hour nap.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I'm right there with you. I took a short walk on Monday and had to lay down afterward. Now, it looks like I may have a kidney infection. Heading to the lab in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete