Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Two weeks and one day

Every day I feel a little better.

Today I am smoked because I had a very full day yesterday. My daughter had an appointment in the city. My father-in-law, bless him, came over and drove us there and back - while I'm cleared to drive by my doctor, I don't feel comfortable doing so yet, at least not for a long trip like yesterday's. There's a lot of snow and ice, and I worry about my reaction time or what would happen if I had to slam on the brakes or something. I'm hoping to try driving soon, but Mother Nature is conspiring against me.

So anyway, yesterday involved lots of walking, sitting upright in uncomfortable chairs and so on, and it took a lot out of me. I'm really getting frustrated and impatient, but trying very hard to be kind to myself and keep my eye on the big picture.

My daughter is taking excellent care of me. I automatically went to pick her up yesterday, and she stopped me - "Mama, you can't do that yet!" Smart kid.

This has been a tough week in general... my husband went back to work, and my daughter back to school. Things are close to normal, but not normal. Meals have to be cooked, which is an exercise in frustration - everything takes me longer and requires much more planning. There's laundry and dishes and all of that, and I try to leave some of it for my husband but hate doing so.

But an end is in sight. I'm even made tentative plans for a dinner date with friends in a couple of weeks. We'll reschedule if we need to, but it's giving me something to aim for and to look forward to, so I'm hoping that helps me move along.

I have a couple of informational posts I'm working on, and hope to have those up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment